Data breach notification requirements on loss of personal information have increasingly been enacted by US State governments. Data breach disclosure laws and notification requirements vary by jurisdiction, but almost universally include a “safe harbor” clause if the data lost was in encrypted form. Government organizations, including central and state departments or local councils, constantly deal with sensitive data and recognise the need to protect it from the point of creation through to distribution, storage and destruction. A data breach can not only be extremely costly but can also impact the political and economic environment.
However, protection and prevention of data breaches is not as simple as implementing any data loss protection (DLP) software.
To protect organizations from the consequences of a data breach requires a data-centric focus on security around personal information starting with reliably identifying all data types across all networks and clouds, while data is at rest. Spirion provides a data-at-rest solution to implementing data-centric security, providing security controls that enable organizations to safeguard and audit the integrity of customer records and information against a broad range of threats against data. Spirion is transparent to existing operating processes and applications for rapid implementation of protection from data breaches.
Spirion provides a solution to help organizations discover, classify, monitor and respond in order to meet State Data Breach Notification Laws transparently – without changes to operational processes and the daily work of healthcare professionals. Spirion provides technical safeguards to automatically identify and classify electronic protected health with an easy-to-deploy, centrally managed solution that integrates with your existing security infrastructure. Spirion’s open APIs allow integrations with your existing DLP tools, encryption software, data-archiving and storage solutions offered by leading technology providers such as Symantec, Intel Security and others to help increase the benefits from existing spend on these data security solutions.
Spirion Key features
Search everywhere and identify with zero false positives
- Reliable discovery results with industry leading accuracy and precision
- Searches local/shared/removable drives, cloud storage, e-mail servers, databases, web servers, SharePoint sites, Windows/Mac/Linux workstations, web sites and file servers.
- Searches within all file types structured and unstructured – Office files, text, images, scanned images, e-mail messages and attachments, archives, deleted files, Outlook archives, and compressed files.
Classify results persistently
- Classifies sensitive data by category and priority to amplify the need for administrators and/or data owners to manage and protect results. Embed classifications directly into files.
Secure unprotected information
- Secures results using a file shredder (based on DoD standard), redaction, encryption, or quarantine to a safe location.
Monitor and manage data operations centrally
- Identifies unprotected results as compared to what employees have already secured for trending analysis.
- Notifies data owners automatically
- Empowers employees to sanitize their data environment and monitors their progress with automated alerts and notifications without the extra staff burden.
Make employees part of the process
- Give employees access to classification add-ons in popular collaboration suites such as MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Highly scalable, flexible and secure architecture
- Highly scalable, open architecture that accommodates the growth of staff, processes and information across the enterprise.
- Enables organizations to scale and grow by providing the ability to orchestrate administrative and compliance processes consistently and globally.
- Integrates with Active Directory to simplify policy designation and group reporting
- Within an hour start seeing sensitive data results.
- Within a day create an inventory of sensitive data on all systems.
- Within a week implement a data loss prevention strategy for continuous data protection.