Spirion Data Privacy Manager won two 2020 Tech Ascension Awards.
Now in its second year, the Tech Ascension Awards honor companies that possess cutting-edge, innovative technology that solve critical challenges in their respective markets. As advocates for data privacy, it’s very rewarding to be recognized for our ability to solve real customer challenges. In fact, it’s our underlying passion and why we relentlessly do what we do, each and every day.
How we were judged
A panel of industry experts judged our Tech Ascension application based on the innovation and uniqueness of our technology, market research (analyst reports, media coverage, customer case studies), hard performance stats, and competitive differentiators.
Spirion came out on top in the categories of Best Sec Ops Solution and Best Compliance Solution by demonstrating that our data protection platform produces invaluable business outcomes for our customers. David Campbell, CEO, Tech Ascension Awards explains: “In the age of disparate and mass data, Spirion’s technology is more critical than ever. Spirion gives enterprises the power to accurately examine, identify, and tag data based on level of sensitivity, helping organizations reduce the friction to their business operations and focus on protecting what matters the most. Their high accuracy and lowest false-positive and negative rates have elevated them above the rest.”
Best SecOps Solution
Information proliferation has led to data blindness, causing organizations to have limited visibility into where the personal and sensitive personal information of their customers, employees, and community may reside across the enterprise.
Spirion Data Privacy Manager strengthens our customers’ ability to automatically identify what their core personal data is, where it is stored, who has access, and when it was last used to protect the data that matters the most while reducing friction and improving productivity. Our solution automatically discovers personal data and prevents misuse, helping organizations to implement appropriate controls, strengthen their security position, and comply with growing data privacy regulations. It also helps them to effectively shrink their personal data footprint.
Best Compliance Solution
By 2023, it is estimated that 65% of the world’s population will have its personal information covered under modern privacy regulations, up from 10% today. The real issue, however, isn’t about avoiding regulatory non-compliance, it’s about preventing a breach of the trust granted to you by your colleagues, customers, and community.
Spirion facilitates compliance with data protection laws and regulations. Data discovery, purposeful classification, and comprehensive risk dashboards empower organizations to protect regulated data, demonstrate compliance, and quickly respond to Subject Rights Requests (SRR).
Growing industry recognition
We are honored to be named Best SecOps and Best Compliance Solutions in this year’s Tech Ascension Awards. In addition to these two awards, Spirion has received strong recognition with industry awards and customer satisfaction ratings this year.
Here are our award highlights for the first half of 2020:
- Info Security Products Guide 2020 Global Excellence Awards – Spirion was named Grand Trophy Winner and received six awards in categories that spanned discovery, classification, security, control, and compliance.
- 18th Annual American Business Awards – Spirion was awarded two Gold Stevies for International Data Protection Solution and Postsecondary Enterprise Solution and one Silver Stevie for Governance, Risk & Compliance Solution.
- EdTech Breakthrough Award– Spirion won for “Higher EdTech Deployment of the Year” at Illinois College.
- Gartner ‘Voice of the Customer’: Enterprise Data Loss Prevention – Spirion led ‘Voice of the Customer’ ratings in Gartner’s new Peer Insights Report for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention Solutions. We scored the highest average overall rating of a 4.7 out of 5 stars with 67% of reviewers giving Spirion a 5-star rating. In addition, we were the only EDLP solution to receive 100% customer recommendations.
- Gartner ‘Voice of the Customer’: File Analysis Software – Spirion was cited in the July 2020 ‘Voice of the Customer’: File Analysis Software report with an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5.