A data privacy and security podcast with Cameron Ivey & Gabe Gumbs
Privacy Please A genuine and informative podcast about data privacy and security. Your reliable place for best practices, interviews, belly laughs, and real stories.
- S4, E155 - Gary LaFever & Aaron Stevens of Anonoson March 15, 2023 at 12:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we have the pleasure of speaking with both, Gary LaFever, co-CEO, General Counsel, and Aaron Stevens, Data Privacy Evangelist at Anonos. Main topics:We talk about their patented Data Embassy platform that transforms source data into Variant TwinsWhat problem is Anonos solving?Data Privacy and Security challenges today and for tomorrowMuch more
- S4, E154 - AI Hallucinations & Microsoft's Ransomware Insightson March 8, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we cover two different topics in our unplugged conversation. Articles referenced: https://www.wired.com/story/ai-has-a-hallucination-problem-thats-proving-tough-to-fix/https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE5bUvv?culture=en-us&country=usSupport link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/622234/support
- S4, E153 - Social Media Addiction, Big Tech's Side, and Privacy Slippery Slopeby Cameron Ivey on March 2, 2023 at 12:00 am
This week on Privacy Please, we go over an article that hits on three big topics in Tech and Privacy. Is Borderless data ending? and does that make data regulation a global issue?Decisions about data in the Ukraine war aren’t as easy as they seemBig Tech and social media may be making some questionable decisionsAuthor credit: Jeremy Wagstaff, The MarkupSupport Link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/622234/support
- S4, E152 - Is Your Tax Data Free For The Taking?by Cameron Ivey on February 22, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we dive into an interesting article on your tax data and why it's up for grabs. Support link - https://www.buzzsprout.com/622234/support
- S4, E151 - Vikram Venkatasubramanian, Founder and CEO at Nandi Securityon February 15, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we have the pleasure of speaking with the founder and CEO of Nandi Security, Vikram Venkatasubramanian! Please enjoy as we learn about Vikram's background, what problems he is trying to solve, his passion for security and privacy, and much more.Show your support for the show! Get an email and shout out on the next episode 🙂 https://www.buzzsprout.com/622234/supporters/new Please see below for links to the reports mentioned in the show: Research from UPenn | | Americans_Can't_Consent PDF Document · 3.9 MBFIPPs report: | | Records, Computers and the Rights of Citizens (1973) III. Safeguards for Privacy archive.epic.org | Abandoned apps: https://www.pixalate.com/blog/abandoned-mobile-apps-report Links to products and social media: Website: https://www.getkavalan.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePrivacyCompanyInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/therealnandisecurity/LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nandi-security/Twitter: https://twitter.com/NandiSecurity
- S4, E150 - Unplugged - GLBA Extensionby Cameron Ivey on February 8, 2023 at 6:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we dive into an oldie but a goodie. The FTC Extends Deadline to Comply with GLBA Safeguards Rule Until June 9, 2023.
- S4, E149 - Privacy Week Special - The Privacy Panel Discussionon February 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we have a special treat for you! Do not miss part 1 of Privacy week's Panel discussion with this all-star cast! Panel privacy experts:Debbie Reynolds, The Data DivaJoe Dehner, The Data Privacy DetectivePunit Bhatia 🔐, Host of Fit4Privacy PodcastRebecca Herold, The Privacy ProfessorK Royal, JD, PhD, Host of Serious Privacy Podcast
- S4, E148 - Unplugged with Jeff Jockischon January 26, 2023 at 10:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we have a special guest appearance dropping in to hang out with us. We talk about the rising ChatGPT noise and much more!
- S4, E147 - Attackers Exploit ChatGPT to Write Malicious Codeon January 19, 2023 at 2:00 am
This week on Privacy Please, we hit on a hot topic surrounding ChatGPT, an AI-based chatbot that has given bad actors with zero coding knowledge easy access to develop malware. Article credit goes to Dark Reading and the author - Jai Vijayan
- S4, E146 - Enterprise Ransomware Protection Mistakesby Cameron Ivey on January 13, 2023 at 4:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we talk about enterprise ransomware protection and if your organization continues to make common mistakes.
- S4, E145 - 2023 Unplugged - Recent Data Breacheson January 7, 2023 at 12:00 am
Welcome back to a brand new season of Privacy Please! Season 4 begins with an unplugged one where the guys discuss recent data breaches around the globe and how they may impact and continue to shift.
- S3, E144 - Benjamin Farrar - Director of Privacy, Security, and Compliance at Active Prospectby Cameron Ivey on December 28, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we have the honor of hosting the Director of Privacy, Security, and Compliance at Active Prospect, Mr. Benjamin Farrar! Show notes:What Is Consent-Based Marketing?https://activeprospect.com/blog/what-is-consent-based-marketing/ TCPA Litigation and Compliance Risks: What You Can Dohttps://activeprospect.com/blog/tcpa-litigation-and-compliance-risks-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself/ Demo link to see TrustedForm work in a simple example Webform example: http://trustedform.com/demo Collection of ActiveProspect Papers and Use Caseshttps://activeprospect.com/whitepaper/
- S3, E143 - Unplugged - 2023 Data Privacy Predictions - Part 2on December 21, 2022 at 3:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we go into part 2 of our data privacy predictions for 2023. We talk about some past predictions and outcomes as well as, some new bold ones.
- S3, E142 - Unplugged - 2023 Data Privacy Predictions Part 1by Cameron Ivey on December 14, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, the Salty Soothsayer is back for another data privacy predictions episode, and it's a 2 parter.
- S3, E141 - The Privacy War Is Upon Uson December 7, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we dive into a great article about the war on privacy. We will cover the increasing privacy standards and how to get ahead of it, not only for an individual but for organizations of all sizes.
- S3, E140 - Unplugged - WhatsApp Data Leakon November 30, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we go unplugged again after a nice Thanksgiving break. Our main topic for the week covers the WhatsApp data leak, which had over 500 million user records sold online.
- S3, E139 - Unplugged - Privacy Threat Modelingon November 16, 2022 at 8:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we talk about an interesting article from news atlas around Volkswagen building a high tech smart chair that is motorized with headlights, horn, an entertainment system and a trailer hitch. We dig into the topic and talk more about why and what the privacy would be around a so called smart chair - Gabriel Gumbs - "Privacy Threat Modeling"Article - https://newatlas.com/automotive/volkswagen-motorized-office-chair/?ck_subscriber_id=1818630299Author Credit - Michael Irving
- S3, E138 - Unplugged - Diversity & CyberX event recapon November 10, 2022 at 12:00 am
This week on Privacy Please unplugged, we discuss our time at a recent local security professionals event in Tampa. One of the main topics was around diversity specifically in security and we give our thoughts on the sites and sounds of the evening.
- S3, E137 - Data Security vs. Data Privacyon November 2, 2022 at 10:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we go over the key differences between Data Security and Data Privacy to better understand to ensure complete protection of the data under your control.
- S3, E136 - Take control of your unruly data with privacy-preserving classificationon October 27, 2022 at 1:00 am
This week on Privacy Please, we go into a recent Gartner report on using classification to improve unstructured data security highlighting the benefits of data classification within the broader context of security and compliance. The report also identifies the key criteria and limitations of today’s classification tools and provides expert analysis and guidance. In this episode, we’ll discuss what we consider to be the key takeaways from Gartner’s findings.
- S3, E135 - Unplugged - New Certification Scheme for GDPR Coming Soon?on October 19, 2022 at 7:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we go unplugged to talk about GDPR and a new endorsed Certification scheme. It will allow individuals or entities to obtain certification from an approved accreditation body to demonstrate to the EU and customers that they are GDPR-compliant.
- S3, E134 - The Serious Data Diva Privacy Please Podcastby Cameron Ivey on October 12, 2022 at 12:00 pm
What do you get when you put three privacy podcasts on together? A rocking great time! Two women, three men. Five personalities. fifteen opinions! "Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"
- S3, E133 - CPRA Compliance Checkliston October 5, 2022 at 12:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) goes into effect on July 1st, 2023. Tune in to find out the key highlights you need to know about the CPRA, as well as what you can do to make sure your organization remains compliant.
- S3, E132 - What Is IP Theft and How to Prevent Iton September 21, 2022 at 10:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we go into what is IP theft and how to prevent it from happening. Join us!
- S3, E131 - What Is Data at Rest Encryption?on September 14, 2022 at 12:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we dive into what data at rest encryption is, what it means for you and your organization, and how to protect it properly.
- S3, E130 - Unplugged - Cloud Ransomware Attackon September 7, 2022 at 10:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we cover a hot topic of a potentially dangerous Microsoft O365 functionality that could ransom your SharePoint and Onedrive stored files. Tune in to hear our thoughts and how to prepare. Instacart - Groceries delivered in as little as 1 hour. Free delivery on your first order over $35.Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- S3, E129 - What is Data Exfiltration?on August 31, 2022 at 7:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we highlight what data exfiltration is, what you need to know about data theft, and what you can do to protect the information stored by your organization.
- S3, E128 - Vuk Janosevic, Cofounder & CEO at Blindnetby Cameron Ivey on August 24, 2022 at 10:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we had the pleasure of speaking with Vuk Janosevic, Cofounder and CEO at Blindnet. Vuk is a very passionate leader, who builds trust through digital privacy. Links for Blindnet: Gitthe link to our developer portal
- S3, E127 - What Is Dark Data?by Cameron Ivey on August 17, 2022 at 12:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we go into detail about dark data and what it means for you, your organization, and best practices for securing it.
- S3, E126 - 2023 Security Mandates of the New State Privacy Laws with Scott Giordanoon August 11, 2022 at 10:00 pm
This week on Privacy Please, we have the great pleasure of speaking with Scott about the security mandates of the new state privacy laws for 2023.