How Spirion Can Help You Meet GDPR Requirements
Spirion automates data discovery for GDPR data inventory with unparalleled accuracy, and helps map all your relevant GDPR data, as defined by you. Once you know where all your sensitive data resides, your organization can start to identify and prioritize gaps in GDPR compliance. Spirion’s automated persistent classification tags and protects each file according to its specific data classification. Monitor and audit user activity, detect and manage risky behavior of newly created and existing assets with the Spyglass dashboard. Automate notification and remediation actions to respond to DSAR (Data Subject Access Rights) requests and comply with Article 17, the right of erasure (“right to be forgotten”). Know your maximum exposure vs. what’s protected at any time — on premise and with third-party processors — before, during, and after the GDPR deadline.
GDPR Key features
Spirion Helps Address the Following GDPR Requirements
- Rec. 30, 64 – Creation of data inventory and map
- Arts. 4, 9 – Creation of data inventory and map
- Arts. 15, 16, 17 – Data subject’s right to access to their personal data and to correct and/or erase
- Art. 28 – Third party/vendor management
- Art. 30 – Record keeping
- Art. 32 – Information security
- Art. 33 – Breach notification
- Art. 37, 38 – Data Protection Officer
Search everywhere and identify with zero false positives
- Reliable discovery results with industry leading accuracy and precision
- Searches local/shared/removable drives, cloud storage, e-mail servers, databases, web servers, SharePoint sites, Windows/Mac/Linux workstations, web sites and file servers.
- Searches within all file types structured and unstructured – Office files, text, images, scanned images, e-mail messages and attachments, archives, deleted files, Outlook archives, and compressed files.
Classify results persistently to meet the GDPR
- Classifies sensitive data by category and priority to amplify the need for administrators and/or data owners to manage and protect results. Embed classifications directly into files.
Secure unprotected GDPR data
- Secures results using a file shredder (based on DoD standard), redaction, encryption, or quarantine to a safe location.
Monitor and manage GDPR data operations centrally
- Identifies unprotected results as compared to what employees have already secured for trending analysis.
- Notifies data owners automatically
- Empowers employees to sanitize their data environment and monitors their progress with automated alerts and notifications without the extra staff burden.
Make employees part of the GDPR process
- Give employees access to classification add-ons in popular collaboration suites such as MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Highly scalable, flexible and secure architecture
- Highly scalable, open architecture that accommodates the growth of staff, processes and information across the enterprise.
- Enables organizations to scale and grow by providing the ability to orchestrate administrative and compliance processes consistently and globally.
- Integrates with Active Directory to simplify policy designation and group reporting.
- Within an hour start seeing sensitive data results.
- Within a day create an inventory of sensitive data on all systems.
- Within a week implement a data loss prevention strategy for continuous data protection.